- USB 2.0 Flash Drive
- Capacities up to 32GB*
- FIPS PUB 197 certified
- AES 256-bit Hardware Encryption – no software required
- OS & Platform independent
What is datAshur Personal®?
|Designed for everyday use, datAshur Personal secures data you don’t want others to see, from family photos to files of a more sensitive nature, datAshur Personal guarantees 100% protection of your data so you will never have to worry about your personal or company files falling into the wrong hands!
|datAshur Personal incorporates a rechargeable battery allowing the user to enter a 7-15 digit PIN onto the on-board keypad before connecting the drive to a USB port. All data transferred to datAshur Personal is encrypted in real-time with the built in hardware encryption engine and is protected from unauthorised access even if the datAshur Personal is lost or stolen. datAshur Personal automatically locks when unplugged from the host computer or power to the USB port is turned on.
|datAshur Personal operates straight out of the box, does not require any software or drivers to be installed and is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome, Android, Thin Clients and Embedded Systems. datAshur Personal delivers drag and drop encryption and plug and play simplicity. You will not find a more secure flash drive that is so easy to use at such an affordable price!
How does datAshur Personal work?
Step 1: Enter your PIN
Step 2: Plug & Play
Step 3: Unplug to automatically lock
What is Boot Delay Feature
|Use datAshur Personal as a bootable USB flash drive without the need for any configuration. datAshur Personal drives are equipped with a 30 second uninterrupted boot delay in order to accommodate power cycling during a host boot process.
Read Only Mode
|Administrator mode allows the setup of a ‘Read Only’ user mode so that data can only be read from datAshur Personal protecting the data from accidental deletion and changes to the file’s content.
Why choose datAshur Personal?
|Did you know that millions of flash drives are lost or stolen every year and this figure is rising? Have you ever considered the impact of losing your non-encrypted USB flash drive? Your data would be at the mercy of anyone who stumbles across it.
|Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
|The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) now has the power to fine businesses and government bodies up to £500,000 for serious breaches of the Data Protection Act. This includes the loss of an unencrypted USB flash drive that contains client data. The ICO has been very clear in advising businesses and government bodies to encrypt all data that workers access, they also recognise that data which is encrypted and lost or stolen is not vulnerable to compromise.
|General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
|The European Union will soon have the power to fine companies €20 million or 4% of their annual turnover if they are found to be in breach of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The forthcoming legislation compels anyone who holds data on EU Citizens to implement adequate security measures to protect data from loss or theft.
|Loss of confidential data can have a devastating effect on both businesses and consumers. It could lead to a hefty fine, the downfall of a business, embarrassment, job losses and adverse media attention. The iStorage datAshur Personal can protect you against all of this.
What is the difference between software and hardware encryption?
- Complex passwords can be cracked easily and quickly with a Brute Force Attack
- Simple password cracking software is readily available on the internet, often free of charge
- Software encryption is vulnerable to key loggers – where every key pressed is logged in either a software or hardware key logger
- Software encryption can be corrupted by viruses
- Software encryption is much slower when compared to hardware encryption
- Software encryption needs to be installed on each computer that the external storage device is used on
- Software encryption shares computers resources to encrypt data with other programs on the computer, making it only as safe as your computer.
- The datAshur Personal cannot be brute force attacked
- The datAshur Personal is not vulnerable to keyloggers as the PIN is entered on the unit rather than the keyboard
- The datAshur Personal does not require any software and can be used with Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome, Android, Thin Clients and Embedded Systems.
- Encryption is performed in real-time thus there is no speed degradation
- No software or drivers are required
YOUR COMPANY LOGO
Laser etch your logo (design) and/or message on to the brushed aluminium plate adhered to the back of the datAshur Personal.
Contact us at [email protected] or 020 8543 9696